At The Canteen and Happy Camper, we work hard and we have a great time doing it. We believe that growing a small business in a place like Provincetown is first and foremost about building community through respect, trust and big-heartedness. The people who work with us are more than just co-workers; they are the heart and soul of our organization.
Our company is always growing and evolving, and we need talented and energetic people to work and grow with us. As we head into our 2017 season, we are looking to hire hard-working folks who have a passion for great food and service; who consider being treated and treating others with respect as an essential part of their day; who value organization and attention to detail; and who understand the importance of community building -- between co-workers, guests, suppliers, and everyone else who walks through our doors.
In four short years, our company has expanded from one location and seven employees to three locations and about senventy employees. We’re proud of what we’ve created, but we are always looking for ways to do our jobs more effectively, to improve, to evolve. It's in our DNA.
If this sounds like someplace where you’d fit in, we’d love to hear from you.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS (Updated 8/17/17)
Line Cook, The Canteen
We are seeking a handyperson/property manager to help us improve and maintain our five commercial and residential properties, as well as help with the day-to-day management of our worker housing. This is a unique, outstanding opportunity for someone with the right skill set who has always dreamed of living in Provincetown, or who is seeking to find full-time employment and housing in a progressive, welcoming, small community in today’s challenging times. Since this is a new position, so a level of self-motivation and flexibility are needed. The position would be year round and would come with the possibility of year-round housing.
RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE:
-Performing maintenance and light repairs
-Cleaning and organizing
-Performing routine landscaping
-Assisting tradespeople with larger repairs
-Addressing emergencies quickly and effectively
-Assisting with or taking the lead on larger, creative projects, like the building of the Canteen’s winter holiday market, or the improvement of our staff housing
-Supervising residences, responding to resident requests and emergencies when needed
-Helping with the rental, move-in and move-out processes
-Helping to craft and enforce house rules
-Communicating with owners on behalf of residents
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD:
-Have experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment and have a basic understanding of electrical and plumbing systems
-Have experience living in and/or managing a group-living environment
-Thrive working with and managing an extremely diverse group of people with wide ranging backgrounds, life experiences, beliefs and needs
-Be able to multitask while also imposing discipline and order every day
-Maintain organization and cleanliness while working with accuracy
-Constantly strive to improve, as an individual and as a team leader.
-Understand and thrive living out the tenets of servant leadership: focusing on the needs of others; acknowledging other people's’ perspectives; providing support to others so that they may meet their professional and personal goals; and building community within our team.
To apply or contact us, send an email and resume to Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Line Cook, The Canteen
Prepares menu items to meet quality, portion and time standards, maintains line cleanliness/sanitation and gives great service to internal/external guests. Has at least a year of experience working on a line.
- This is a full-time, hourly position.
- $14-15/hour based on skill and availability.
- AM and PM shifts available.
- Flexible schedule required, weekends a must.
Our performance expectations are:
- Makes menu items to meet quality, portion and time standards
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work space
- Practices good personal hygiene
- Timely and accurately completes prep list including stocking, rotating and clean-up
- Meets quality and time standards for stocking stations
- Efficiently maintains station throughout an entire shift
- Maintains line cleanliness and sanitation (includes cutting boards, floor, trash)
- Assists co-workers with anything that is necessary or requested
- Asks questions whenever necessary
- Asks for help whenever necessary
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Works very effectively as part of a team
- Recognizes when help is needed and is willing to ask for it
- Makes food to quality and portion spec
- Arrives to work on time
- Is fun to work with
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Feels passionate about cooking and giving great service to internal and external guests
- Enjoys working under a time crunch
- Takes pride in being consistent
- Loves to learn and takes direction with a smile
- Enjoys a challenge and creating something new
Dorm-style housing is available.
To apply or contact us, send an email and resume to Rob at email@example.com